Saturday, March 22, 2014

City of Kaiju Flash Fiction: For Angelica

City of Kaiju stories are set in Noah: the Kaiju Song, a scifi setting.  In an undersea city in the distant future, humanity has escaped the surface after a global disaster, but have mutated into new kinds of humans with psychic powers that call themselves Angels and Demons.  Click here for more info.
This just a bit of quick writing.  Just a brief break from the Noir action.  I'll do more no worries.  :D


I wondered if I had been smarter, if I might've avoided being manipulated into doing this for her.  I sighed, it was too late.  I couldn't get out of it.

"Well, better to do it and get it done then."  I told myself.

I looked down at Angelica's smiling, dark red-skinned face.  She always wanted me to try this with my abilities, although I never want to use them, if at all.

"I love you, you know."  She hugged tight to me.  "Thanks for doing this."

"Demons have to stick together I guess."  I looked over at the three clayborn tied up.  Just normal humans, they still were part of the police.  I could face retaliation from them, if these ones ever were found out.

"I wish you had just let them die."

"I know you don't like using your powers... but we can't let them know we live down here.  Think about how the others might react.  They raid us too often as it is."

I nodded.

I looked over at the three police officers.  "I don't want to do this.  I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes.  I then deleted their memories, absorbing them like a sponge.  I knew who and what they were.  All they were.

When I opened my eyes, Angelica kissed me again.  I saw the three clayborn on the ground, their eyes empty.

"What did they taste like, love?"  She asked me.

"I..."  I shook my head.  I ignored the new voices in my mind.  I ignored how Angelica tricked me to agreeing to help her regardless of the cost.  But I was in love with her.

That seemed enough reason to ignore the crying voices in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment