Wednesday, November 27, 2013

City of Bridges 6: Rules and Things

Different thinking, after being sick for a five or so many days.  Ick.

I'm wondering if hacking Fate Accelerated would get me to a system I'd like to use Mage the Awakening with?  Currently, I have a hypothetical build:

FAE's approaches plus three traits: Health, Willpower, Refresh and Gnosis.  These are passive values, and mainly exist to add value or determine other things.

Three Attributes: Physical, Mental and Social.  Each of these would get added to FAE's approaches, hopefully giving the approaches more interesting uses and reducing the chances of a "uber" approach.  Not as clean as Rob Donoghue's FAE 2, though.  I'm still thinking it though.

Still would have ten arcana, however, and its the nature of Arcana that make me ok with wonking the system a bit.  Arcana are purviews, and each dot in M:tA carries a inherent measure of use- 1 dot means you know the three basic practices of that Arcana, and so forth.  This is a setting thing, but the magic system sets pretty much ok by itself, outside of Mage and nWoD without too much tweaking (Life or Fate need some tweaks, but that is pretty much fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, which is my wheelhouse anyway).

I'll write up a more formal hack for later, but these are my random thoughts on the idea.  Not very clear or concise, but I felt a doublepost was warranted to make up for missing a day earlier this week, due to illness.  Anyway, as always, please comment and let me know what you think! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment