Friday, April 18, 2014

Portland In Black Afterword

Having finished off Portland In Black, I feel a need to put down my thoughts on the story.   It took me the better part of two months to get it finished.  Noir has reached a changing point in his life, and I feel like I learned a lot from writing it.

Noir Badarte is purposefully intended to be nice guy with some dead raising powers.  At the end Pottland in Black, he's acquired a partner of sorts.  He has met and learned some of the secrets of the world.  

Noir meeting the Wolf was the main reason I wrote the story.  The Wolf is part of very old pet project of mine.  He and his fellows are central to another very epic story.  The Wolf influences the shape and  form of the world Noir lives in.

I think my dialogue has tightened up a bit in this story.  I have to go back and start revising things- there are plenty of errors, that I'm certain of- but part of the reason I've been writing do much has been to improve things like that.

I'm going to try to revise the story, but I'm also gonna try to get illustrations of the story made too.  My artistic side has visions of each moment in my head, I feel like I have to try express them.  

More will come, but that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment