Friday, June 24, 2016

Inksketches, Week of June 24th

Every day I try to do an inked sketch.  Then with my Iphone, I scan it and alter it so the pencils aren't visible.  I've neglected posting them here on deathisntanending.  So, I'm going to remedy that.  Weekly, I'm going to post my week's inksketches.  

I don't know if I'm going to use this as a way to "cheat" out one of my three posts a week.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

On instagram and twitter, I also post these as I do them.  Inksketches I like will sometimes get shaded and colored, ending up on my deviantart page.  I might include links to that with these, maybe not.

If you are impressed by this sort of art, I always am open to commission work.

  1. Friday sketch was a falcon.  The use of a flaming greek symbol for the sun is a reference to my own personal mythos where the falcon serves as sigil for a particular lineage of fire mages.
  2.  Thursday sketch was an image of Cleaver, an obese Android in Crux.  He unnerves Maralda to an extent.  A butcher, he's always looking for fresh, unique ingredients.  Maralda has noted before how strange it is to have met an Android obsessed with food.
  3.  Random landscape thing.  IDK what it's supposed to be.  I've been toying a bunch with the idea of some ancient, forgotten civilization in the Rocky Mountains, whose ruins were destroyed by dragons.  Still haven't made a full story out of it yet.
  4.  Goes with the Falcon sketch for friday.  A helm, ancient magic relic thing, blah, blah, blah.
  5. Maralda sketch that also got used in the last part of Life Is Pain.  It sort of is from the bit where Maralda sneaks back while invisible, eavesdropping on the Spice Khan.  This one turned out great, in that I managed to get Maralda's profile right.
  6.  Father's day sketch.  Colored it later, which turned out great.
  7.  And last Saturday, where I drew an Axe.  So, yeah.  There's that too.  Been drawing a lot of hands lately.  Practicing them.  Can never stop practicing your hands.
Creative Commons License
Artwork on this page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  That means you can use them however the heck you want, as long as you use the same license and attribute back to me.
If you like this stuff, from the words to the art, and want to support this blog a bit, consider visiting my Patreon here.  I don't plan to ever put up a paywall, but I do leave the option open for you to help make this place better.

No comments:

Post a Comment