Saturday, November 5, 2016

Inksketches, Week of November 5th 2016

Inktober ended this week.  And I did an artjam with a friend.  Another week of arts.  Here they are, if'n you are needing that fix.


On twitter and instagram I post these sorts of images every day.  If you are looking for some place to follow and get these in your feed, check those out.

Also, if you want to support images like this, the stories on this blog and more, check out my patreon.  It isn't necessary for this stuff, but it'd help with expanding some of my projects a bit.  I also take commissions, so don't be afraid to message me about that.




One of the things I tried to put in more of my Inktober pieces this year is some sort of storytelling.  As much as one can with undead doing... uh, undead things.  I have no idea why I went with a bear-headed undead.  There isn't one in mythology.  In my notes, I just referred to the thing as "the Bearganger."  But Ursaganger could work too. 

From my caption:
The creature with a bear skull saved her. She stood shocked. The smell of rot made her want to barf when the thing with a bear skull turned to her. 

"Are you alright?" A deep voice asked.

Jen for her part, forgot about her bike. Her mom would berate her for losing in the woods. But Jen just didn't want to have that happen again.




The last prompt was "friend" and as a friend completed Inktober for the first time this year, I asked her if I could use her image for my last undead-inktober piece.  We've been reinforcing the art habit between ourselves.  It turned out great, it's probably my favorite this year.

Innovation-wise, it also is a synthesis of what has changed in my technique over this inktober.  Shading and monochromatic styling

"Some undead are friends of nature, not its defilers."

An artjam with Kyrafairy.  Experimental, really.  She added the cat.  And the yellow is her fault.  I hate yellow.  It shouldn't be a color.

 Based off Crooked River bridge near the Dalles Oregon, this pic starts out a series of #Cyberwood themed pieces.  I don't know how many, but the idea (partly inspired by Inktober, to be honest) is to give me something to have a focus art wise for my daily sketches.  

The Cyberwood is a concept and project I'm still letting boil away in the back.  Core to it is a contagion that causes an ecological shift, creating cybernetic plant life.  

 "A rabbit-headed Shiro, one of the many voices in the wood. The intelligent fungus explores the wood by sound and music, unaware that animal life can even feel pain."

"Long ago the Firewall robots fell trying to keep back the Cyberwood's infestation."



No comments:

Post a Comment