Saturday, October 8, 2016

Inksketches, Week of October 7th 2016

#Inktober has gone well.
My theme this year is undead.  Undead because I haven't done a lot of undead in awhile.  I like them as monsters and a theme.  It's been too long.  And Inktober is the perfect excuse for it.  


Inktober is a challenge where one inks a sketch once a day for every day in October.  This is my third year on it.  I've found it helpful for building up my own habits.  And, tbh, it's why I draw a thing every day now.  It has a collective effect, albeit glacial in its pace, to improve my art.  

I've also decided to do the official prompt list too.  It's a creative challenge.  It helps me to draw, if I have a puzzle to undo in the process.  Figuring out what "Lost Undead" or "Hidden Undead" will look like, are challenges I find satisfying to attempt.

On twitter and instagram I post these sorts of images every day.  If you are looking for some place to follow and get these in your feed, check those out.

Also, if you want to support images like this, the stories on this blog and more, check out my patreon.  It isn't necessary for this stuff, but it'd help with expanding some of my projects a bit.  I also take commissions, so don't be afraid to message me about that.


Fast Undead

What's faster than a undead unicorn?  Hmm?



Noisy Undead

Noisy.  Noisy like a trombone.  Trombones are challenging.  Or for me it was.  Having spent a portion of my youth in band, I'm glad I remember what is a trombone and not something else.

Collect(ing) Undead

Collecting.  Everyone collects something.  Sometimes they stick them in jars.  A few more undead in this one.  My total number of undead will probably not be exactly 31 by the end of the month.

 Hungry Undead

"A Draugr. I hadn't expected this. Not her. I thought she'd sailed with our brothers. Then she came back. Oh, by Odin how she came back. As a Draugr."

Sad Undead

 He didn't want to come back. But they took everything. Even his faithful hound. Through his stitched mouth he cried. A #revenant without a hound.

"Hidden Undead"

 Not all undead rot.

Lost Undead

They lost everything. Even their own names lie in ruins, unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment